Cooking from the Garden- How to Make Simple Bruschetta

COOKING FROM THE GARDEN

If you're looking for a simple and delicious way to use up some of your garden or farmer's market fresh tomatoes this recipe is for you.  I made it the other day for breakfast and it was delicious on the homemade bread I toasted.  What is it?  Tomato Bruschetta.  An Italian appetizer that is made from tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar and a little salt.  I like to add fresh basil - also from the garden.  
Here is how easy it is to make.




In a mixing bowl add some diced tomatoes.  Roma tomatoes work best but you can use whatever fresh tomato you have.  This time I used grape tomatoes.  How many tomatoes depends on how much bruschetta you want to make.  If you make too much, don't worry.  It will keep in the fridge for a few days.  But I really doubt you will have any left.
To the tomatoes add finely diced red, purple or another mild onion.  To taste add the rest of the ingredients:
salt, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and fresh basil.



Mix all the ingredients together, then make the choice of what kind of bread you want to use.  I had some leftover homemade bread so that's what I decided to use.  I cut it into thick slices and toasted.
After it was toasted I grated a liberal amount of fresh Parmesan over the toasted bread.


Then top the bread with your tomato mixture and ENJOY!



It's simple and delicious!  It's beautiful and healthy!  To make it an even more complete breakfast you can add fried or hard boiled eggs and some fruit.
It's also perfect for Summer since it's a no- cook meal!!

Love this recipe and want more?  Then be sure to hit the follow button.  Leave a comment.  I'd like to know what you think.





 


Comments