Simple and Delicious Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs

 


Chicken thighs don't get enough attention in my opinion.  I know that everyone loves the boneless skinless chicken breast...but have you tried the thigh?  The meat is so much more moist, so much more flavorful and even though the thigh is a smaller cut it is so much more filling.

If you're looking for a simple and delicious recipe that's fit for company but easy enough for a weeknight then look no further.  With a few simple ingredients you can create a restaurant style meal.  Let me show you how.


INGREDIENTS

Bone in, skin on chicken thighs
Bacon - 2 slices per thigh
Your favorite bottled sauce.  I used Sweet Baby Ray's Garlic Parmesan

DIRECTIONS
Remove the skin from each of the chicken thighs, then brush with the sauce.
Wrap each thigh with bacon.  I used 2 slices per thigh
Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until the chicken is done - about 20-25 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the oven and brush it with more sauce
Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies.




NOTES:
You can use boneless chicken thighs, just adjust the cooking time.  I prefer the bone in because I think it keeps the chicken juicy.
I've only made these with the Garlic Parmesan sauce but I'm sure they would be just a delicious with a number of other sauces.


Comments